The Core Community
As i-church has expanded its activities, the core community has continued to be at its heart, upholding it in prayer and through practical support.
The i-church core community is made up of people who are committed to the long term future of i-church and for whom i-church is an integral part of their faith journey.
The Beehive, the area where the community meets as a community, is not viewable by the public.
What does the core community do?
Some community members are actively involved in i-church’s missional activities while others focus mainly on the core community.
Members of the core community support each other in their journey of faith through prayer and small groups.
Small pastoral groups are formed in response to suggestions after discussion with the priest in charge and the i-church Council.
Currently our small groups are Vocations, Rule of Life and Fusion (peer spiritual direction).
Who can join the core community?
Core community members:
- Are in sympathy with an ethos which values listening, stillness and silence as ways of communicating with God and each other
- Are able to work within the Christian and Trinitarian basis of i-church
- Share the aims of the community to support each other in our journeys of faith and to support i-church through prayer and action
- Understand the importance of stability within the community and the responsibility of each community member to promote this through their own words and actions
- Accept that as a community we are accountable to those who are responsible for our spiritual and practical wellbeing
How do I join?
Existing core community members may log in here.