India

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
Ernest
Auxilium

India

Post by Ernest » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 am

The situation in India with the virus spreading rapidly, with hundreds of thousands of new cases being diagnosed daily and thousands dying daily due to their health services being overwhelmed with a lack of Oxygen and the medications needed makes the situation the most serious and most urgent to be dealt with since the Pandemic began. Despite India being a huge manufacturer of vaccines, they have only so far, managed to vaccinate just over 1.5 per cent of their population.

Some of the scenes depicted on the news are terrifying with people dying on the streets, unable to get a hospital bed or even the oxygen of drugs they need.

The world has rallied to the call for assistance from the Indian Government but the scale of the situation makes the efforts made so far a drop in the ocean of need. It requires a concerted effort world wide to help, but the situation demands that we are generous with the resources needed, and they are not even at the peak of this, for them, a second wave.

I see people pointing fingers at the Indian Government and State governments of having been complacent and allowing election rallies of many thousands and major religious festivals attracting millions who were unmasked and not socially distanced, allowing the virus to spread unhindered, but now is not the time for the blame game, I am sure there will be a full lessons learned inquiry in due course, now is the time for our prayers and support for their people, without any hesitation.

Lord, you know the suffering of the people of India,
Your hear their cries of supplication,
Their prayers for relief from suffering.
We pray earnestly to you for the people of India,
We ask that you intervene for them in their suffering,
That they feel your presence, comfort and Grace upon them,
Lord, in your Mercy, hear our and their Prayers
Amen :votive1: :cross: :votive1:
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Ernest
Auxilium

India

Post by Ernest » Sun May 02, 2021 6:28 am

The situation in India seems to worsen day upon day. Each day, we hear of an increase in new cases and deaths, with no sign of any let up. The government of India mandated that all people should be vaccinated, without the state governments having the resources available to do so. There is a huge shortage of vaccines and the sites that manufacture them, lack the materials to produce them, appealing to the global community to help out.

I have read that people who can afford a vaccine on the black market from private providers are paying huge sums to get them. With a population of Billions, that will not help the provision of free vaccines for the poorest.

In the face of such an onslaught of infections, lack of hospital beds or ventilators or oxygen it is obvious that the death toll will rise if the government doesn't impose restrictions, nation wide, which they don't appear to want to do, and their general election campaigns continue drawing crowds, not socially distanced and in many cases without masks.

I heard on the BBC news this morning that the National Government are secretly hoping that it will be Muslim's who will be mainly affected, in the hope of increasing their Hindu biased majority government. If true, this is a disgraceful action and will need to have an international investigation for genocide.

Prayers are needed from us all, and governments around the world and the UN, need to put pressure on the Government of India to do more, otherwise the catastrophic loss of life will continue unabated. :votive1: :votive1:
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Joyce

India

Post by Joyce » Sun May 02, 2021 6:24 pm

The other day I heard an Indian official say the reason behind the surge is that the powers-that-be forgot there was a 'smouldering' remnant of infection left when restrictions and vaccinations had appeared to be getting rid of the virus. That is a warning to us all. We've vaccinated the majority of adults in our population but that still leaves millions of under 40s and the small number of adults for whom the vaccine didn't totally resist the virus.
On the news this morning it said our government had told India to keep for themselves a vaccine batch of five million doses they were about to send us. That's the humanitarian and Christian thing to do, but it's a relatively small drop considerering the size of India, which is a subcontinent. We won't have control over who gets it, but it will save some people and help a bit.

Ernest
Auxilium

India

Post by Ernest » Tue May 04, 2021 6:23 am

Despite help arriving from the UK, USA and other countries, India remains in crisis mode. The Supreme Court of India instructed the government to ensure by midnight that Oxygen should be provided to all hospitals in Dehli, which seemed a forlorn hope, and so it has proven. Oxygen is in desperately short supply and people are still struggling to find available hospital beds and people are dying from lack of Oxygen and drugs. Nor has the vaccine situation improved. The vaccine production is hampered by a lack of the ingredients needed to make them and vaccines are critically short across the nation.

There are lessons to be learned from this for us all. Relaxing your guard could allow you to be caught out badly, as India demonstrates. I note the glee and headlines in the UK with the government talking about no masks and social distancing from as early as 18th May and no later than the end of June. I am afraid that we will be wearing masks and social distancing until the autumn.

My spouse is back at work part time, and her work place a government body, are maintaining precautions for the time being, taking measures to protect their workers and J says, that if she feels unsafe, she will protest and withdraw her labour.

I am hoping to visit my barber today for a much needed trim, but if I feel unsafe I will just leave and return to home trims with the hair trimmer I have used throughout the lockdown.

People might say that I am a killjoy, but I want to protect myself and others in case of an infection. I have tested negative, so not to worried, but will remain testing weekly until my supplies run out.

Prayers continue for India, their government and people suffering and lamenting and grieving for the many thousands who've died. May they RIP & Rise in Glory. :votive2: :votive2:
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Emle

India

Post by Emle » Wed May 05, 2021 8:56 am

:votive2: :votive1: :votive2:

Joyce

India

Post by Joyce » Wed May 05, 2021 12:39 pm

Emle wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:56 am
:votive2: :votive1: :votive2:
AMEN

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

India

Post by Joe Parrish » Mon May 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Let us continue in prayer for India :praying:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Joyce

India

Post by Joyce » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:39 am

:cross: :votive1: