My Marriage

Post your prayers here
Lady in Devon

My Marriage

Post by Lady in Devon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Please pray for my marriage and situation. My husband left several weeks ago. I have been ill and been in hospital twice had surgery on my breast . it is on the mend and nothing life threatening. We have had two counselling sessions so far but they have not gone brilliantly partly because I am not very good as I feel threatened and scared. After last nights session we spoke briefly outside and I now find out he is bored as well. I moved to a city as he changed his job and last night had to park the car quite away from the place we had to go. He left and left me to walk the streets on my own back to the car. I was frighted and he will have known that and I can't believe he did it. I am in such a mess today. I will say he is a member of the clergy as well and has always normally cared and seen to my safety. I miss him so much and I know his new job has changed him but I never realised he was so unhappy in our marriage. Thank goodness one of my friends told me about this site.I had heard about but this feels really helpful to be able to write things down. Thank you. I don't know whether to contact him and ask him to talk this through or just leave it all till next week. :cry: :sad: :praying:

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

My Marriage

Post by Joe Parrish » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Dear Lady in Devon, :)
Our hearts go out to you in your pain and loneliness.
We are not counselors here, but I would suggest you seek advice from the counselor you used already.
May you find a way forward that will be protected and uplifting.
Peace and healing blessings,
Joe :praying:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

PHIL_S

My Marriage

Post by PHIL_S » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:03 pm

I pray that you may find your way through this painful period of your life.

:votive1: :votive2: :votive1:
:votive1: Peace be with You :votive1:

Caroline
Site Admin

My Marriage

Post by Caroline » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time.

:votive2: :votive2: :votive2: For comfort, direction, and peace.

The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms.
Deuteronomy 33:27
Kindness is underrated.

Pam
Web Pastor

My Marriage

Post by Pam » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 am

Prayers for both of you

:votive2: :votive1: :votive2:

It sounds as if there's quite a lot of stress around for both of you, the counselling should help you to discuss things without getting heated.

We will certainly pray for you for as long as you need us to.

:votive2: :votive1: :votive2:

For surely I know the plans I have for you,
says the Lord,
plans for your welfare and not for harm,
to give you a future with hope.

Jeremiah 29:11

Jennifer

My Marriage

Post by Jennifer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:29 am

"
Caroline wrote:I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time.

:votive2: :votive2: :votive2: For comfort, direction, and peace.

The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms.
Deuteronomy 33:27
:votive1: Amen :votive1

Emle

My Marriage

Post by Emle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:52 am

My heart goes out to you at this very difficult time and I can only add to what everyone has already said. Time does heal but at the moment everything is still very raw for you both. :votive1:

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you might find a way to resolve your present situation.

Lady in Devon

My Marriage

Post by Lady in Devon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello after much support my husband has decided that the marriage is over. It is deep sadness. He admits that he has changed and he feels I have control issues over our lives. I feel very deeply sad today and also the realisation that I will have to leave and go to my parents to live as I will not have home or a job. I feel there are going to be some very dark days ahead of me and to be honest I want to just go know. He is a very sensible man and will sort everything out. I can't take anything with me anyway as they have no room so it will just be my personnel belongings. It is all very scary and you just don't know what to do for the best. My children don't know yet as one of them has a birthday on Saturday and I don't want to spoil it for her. Praying for strength at this time and thank you all for your supportive comments.

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

My Marriage

Post by Joe Parrish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Maybe you should consult an attorney before moving?
There may be several legal issues to settle first.
Usually housing property is split between spouses, but you need to find out urgently, I suggest.
Peace, prayers, and blessings,
Joe :praying:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Ernest
Auxilium

My Marriage

Post by Ernest » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:37 pm

So sorry to hear this. As someone who went through a marital breakdown many years ago, I can only feel your pain, which it will take time, prayer and probably a great deal of support to cope with.

I can only pray that your parting is on good terms, for the sake of your children, and that your spouse maintains contact with them - I was deprived of any contact and that was especially painful. Only to rebuild relationships, when they were old enough to make contact with me.

:votive2: Prayers for you as you struggle day to day.
:votive2: Prayers for your children, who will be deeply affected by this situation.
:votive2: Prayers for your parents, who will have a totally unexpected situation to cope with.
:votive2: Prayers for your spouse, who will need to explain to your children, why they''re going through the pain and to his superiors on the situation.
:votive2: Prayers for hope and encouragement for you all for a brighter future, wherever it takes you.
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Isobel
previously IMR

My Marriage

Post by Isobel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:22 pm

:votive1:

For you in your distress, that you will have good support around you and find some light the other side of this dark time.

:votive1:

For both of you to continue positive relationships with the children, even if the living arrangements have changed.

PHIL_S

My Marriage

Post by PHIL_S » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Ernest wrote:
:votive2: Prayers for you as you struggle day to day.
:votive2: Prayers for your children, who will be deeply affected by this situation.
:votive2: Prayers for your parents, who will have a totally unexpected situation to cope with.
:votive2: Prayers for your spouse, who will need to explain to your children, why they''re going through the pain and to his superiors on the situation.
:votive2: Prayers for hope and encouragement for you all for a brighter future, wherever it takes you.

Amen
:votive1: :votive2: :votive1:
:votive1: Peace be with You :votive1:

Peter54

My Marriage

Post by Peter54 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:30 pm

I pray for calm and the light of god to help you and your family find a way during this time of stress and sadness.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Peter 54

:cross: :votive2: :)