Spring

Post your prayers here
Peter54

Spring

Post by Peter54 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 am

The sight of bulbs flowering, leaves coming on trees and new life among wildlife and farm animals strengthens my Christian faith.

The brighter mornings and evenings help to lift spirits after a long and ark winter.

Peter 54

:cross: :flowerface: :flowerface: :coffee:

Joyce

Spring

Post by Joyce » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Hear hear, Peter !
Even if March comes in like a lion the light makes one feel hopeful and thankful.

Ernest
Auxilium

Spring

Post by Ernest » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:22 pm

The Birds are here in force, trying to nest, but the tree's and bushes are not yet in leaf, so they're courting like mad. It's great to hear birdsong, although today we have gulls inland, so it must be a bit rough out on the Thames Estuary.
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Spring

Post by Joe Parrish » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Yes, even on this side of the pond spring is coming! :flowerface:
We had a brush with 28 inches of snow not long ago, but it all melted in three or four days.
All in all the winter was much lighter than I had remembered in quite some time.
Thanks be to God!
Peace and nearly Spring blessings,
Joe :)
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Emle

Spring

Post by Emle » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:33 am

March 1st ..St David's Day for those of us with a little bit of Wales in our blood :)
I have a lovely bunch of daffodils on my welsh dresser, bought by my daughter, which is easier said than done when you live 90 miles from the nearest flower shop, she was Baptised on March the 1st and we have always kept this tradition. To us this is the day Spring starts in our hearts and as you say Peter it certainly does lift our spirits ..thank you for this post :) :votive1:

Caroline
Site Admin

Spring

Post by Caroline » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:13 am

daffs-Berenika-rgb.png
There's nothing like a bunch of daffodils - a little patch of sunshine. :biggrin:

We've got thick fog here, and we had snow yesterday (only in the air, it melted on the wet ground), but there are a few more lambs along the road, and signs of new life if you look closely - so Happy St David's Day from Wales. :sheep:
flag2.png
Kindness is underrated.

Joyce

Spring

Post by Joyce » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Diolch ! A nice touch of hiraeth there for me but not too painful, I recall my first St David's Day at an English school when for a reason I've never quite understood, I was surprised and disappointed that we weren't making cards with leeks and daffodils on or dressing up.
Many years later one St David's Day I collected my mentally-handicapped godson from his special school in Derbyshire to take him for a golf lesson.He'd made a card with a leek and a daffodil on !
As we sat at the driving range waiting for the pro a man went past us towards the pro-shop with a trolley-load of new golf bags. Jordan said, 'I'm twelve in March.'
I replied that he was right. ( His birthday is March 28th )
He said, 'It's March now.'
It hit me then that no way was that boy autistic. The psychologist and speech therapist had thought he was.Well if he'd ever been, he wasn't any more. IQ of 42 he might have but he was trying to work somebody else's mind. A St David's Day present indeed !!!
We did get him a new golf bag for his birthday and a couple of made-to-measure clubs. :)

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Spring

Post by Joe Parrish » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:04 pm

We just visited with my wife's brother and wife and their 42 year old son who has Trisomy 21 (Downs, which affects 1 in about 660 births). His parents found that when they gave him shorter golf clubs to match his height, he was able to drive the ball farther than most of us adults, and he can carry on the game pretty normally. He works in a special program and has a regular job cleaning now 40 hours a week. He is the most lovable person we know. He takes music lessons and occasionally plays the prelude at his church. He is indeed exceptional. He memorizes computer games and can defeat almost every dragon, demon, and zombie. It is always spring in the part of California where we were all visiting, with a touch of summer. God is good. All the time, God is good. :flowerface:
Peace and blessings,
Joe :)
Peace and blessings,
Joe