Delay to Relaxation of Restrictions

If you have an overwhelming urge to explore the weightier theological ideas, this is the place to seek fellow-travellers.
Ernest
Auxilium

Post by Ernest » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 am

The government seem to be planning a delay to the relaxation of restrictions due to the alarming increase in the variant of the virus called Delta, which is pushing back the date of relaxation to try to push back, to step up testing and to get more people receiving their 2nd vaccination.

I for one am comfortable with any delay which keeps people safe, despite damage to the economy, support for those being damaged daily by being unable to open or to operate at full capacity. Sometimes human life needs to take priority over the needs of business. It is a calculated risk, a political decision needing integrity to make.

I am tired of hearing that "Freedom" is what we need, without any reference to our responsibility to protect the vulnerable, particularly our unvaccinated young people and children who are now the highest numbers catching the virus and being hospitalized.

So, I pray for the government to make a responsible response and do what is necessary to have if not a covid free country and world, but one where the risks are balanced on the side of protection for those most at risk. :votive1: :votive1:
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Ernest
Auxilium

Post by Ernest » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:22 am

The government has now confirmed that the existing restrictions are to continue until 19th July, with a review in two weeks. I for one welcome the extension, despite the reactions in some quarters of "Freedom Delayed".

Doom mongers predict severe impact on the night time economy as Night Clubs will remain closed and some entertainment venue's including Theatres, Pubs and other venues will only be able to open with restricted table service only. Apparently the Chancellor has refused to extend the financial support in place up to now past the original 21 June deadline. So some businesses will suffer more losses and some may not survive.

But weddings can go ahead without any number restrictions as long as social distancing is in place and groups are seated in tables or no more than six from different households. Dancing will not be permitted. For Churches it is a lifeline as we have three weddings booked on the next couple of months, with bans called at this time. Restrictions on funerals are also lifted with numbers restricted to the Covid19 Risk Assessment of the venue, ie. church.

Singing is still restricted, although the Churches and other faiths are still negotiating with the government on this.

I pray for common sense to prevail among people and patience for the protection of all. :votive1: :votive1:
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

rogerjames

Post by rogerjames » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Ernest wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:22 am
The government has now confirmed that the existing restrictions are to continue until 19th July, with a review in two weeks. I for one welcome the extension, despite the reactions in some quarters of "Freedom Delayed"....
I pray for common sense to prevail among people and patience for the protection of all. :votive1: :votive1:
Amen to that, Ernest. We know the measures we can adopt as needed to minimise our own risks and risks to others. Why would we not follow these? :rolleyes:

We need to use sound medical, environmental and behavioral strategies to counter the spread of this and future pandemics, including a "quick response" policy to address sudden changes.

Willful ignorance, defiance and a rush to embrace wild speculation and disinformation make me feel we might get the outcome we deserve - maybe... Hope not.

Roger
Roger James

Good Words are worth much, and cost little. George Herbert
[Outlandish Proverbs No 155]

Ernest
Auxilium

Post by Ernest » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:21 am

Thanks Roger.

The noise in the media about the delay, mainly driven by those who oppose any sort of lockdown and restrictions of their supposed freedoms, is an indication of those who only care about themselves and not for the greater good.

Hopefully, they will see sense, but on the evidence of the anti-lockdown protest in London on Monday, and the chasing of a BBC journalist through the street, shouting in his face, pushing and shoving which has led to at least one arrest and charge demonstrates their intolerance of any one they think disagrees with their point of view. All done in the full view of the media and of camera's and a police cordon. And they wonder why the government proposes to crack down on protests?
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!