Last Few Days until the General Election

If you have an overwhelming urge to explore the weightier theological ideas, this is the place to seek fellow-travellers.
Ernest
Auxilium

Post by Ernest » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:35 am

So, the pace quickens as various party leaders rush around the country to try to get their individual messages and policies out to people who might still be confused on who to vote for.

The slogan of the PM to "Get Brexit Done" seems rather stale now, he has said it so much, that we are tired of it. He even managed to get it into his write up for the Church Times this week.

The three main party leaders were given space to put their points across and each of them mentioned faith groups as being an important part of social cohesion, but in other times, they completely ignore their input and seem to actually want to hide any belief as if it was a private matter, rather than one which is an important element in the lives of millions of people in the UK and worldwide.

I wonder how much they actually meant or how much was lip service, being paid to the fact that they had been asked to contribute to a Christian News Paper?

The dragging out of the story of the NHS being sold to US companies, who hold a monopoly of Medical Care and Drugs in the US worries people, and the evidence, despite denials appears strong that negotiations held in secret between Civil Servants and US Companies belie those denials.

Trust is the key to this election, people will vote strategically for someone they trust, and party lines won't be in the frame is appears. I still believe that proportional representation, which is good enough for the devolved governments in the UK, should be extended to General Elections to Parliament, which would provide, perhaps I hope, a more representative bunch of MP's. Off course, that is not on the agenda of any party, apart from the SNP, whose agenda is in their interest, not the greater national interest.

So now we wait while politicians act like headless chickens, running here and there like unguided missiles. I hope and pray for a majority government, of whatever hue, which can unite, rather than cause further division. :votive1: :votive1:
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Emle

Post by Emle » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:28 pm

:votive1: for a successful outcome that will allow our country to get on with daily living.

Joyce

Post by Joyce » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:46 am

Emle wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:28 pm
:votive1: for a successful outcome that will allow our country to get on with daily living.
AMEN !

Caroline
Site Admin

Post by Caroline » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:43 am

Amen indeed.

And a few words from John Wesley:
“October 6, 1774
I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them
1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy
2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against, and
3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side.”
Kindness is underrated.

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Post by Joe Parrish » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Caroline wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:43 am
Amen indeed.
And a few words from John Wesley:
“October 6, 1774
I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them
1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy
2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against, and
3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side.”
:praying: Yes, amen :praying:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Ernest
Auxilium

Post by Ernest » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:05 am

John Wesley was a wise man.

In the meantime, the Polls are now pointing to another hung parliament without a party in overall control.

I can only pray for wisdom, for compassion in debates and a spirit of cooperation not adversity.

:votive2: :votive2:
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Joyce

Post by Joyce » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:44 am

Well we've got what you wanted us to pray for, Ernest - a strong majority in the House of Commons so that business can get done. The power of prayer is tremendous.
God Save The Queen !