stargazing!!

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
Emle

stargazing!!

Post by Emle » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:54 am

I am so blessed to have two young people who include me in all their adventures!!
My daughter noticed a green glow in the Northern skies at 10 pm last night ...so we jumped in the car and headed round the coast to get a better view of the aurora borealis ....magnificent! The Stars were also awe inspiring and we saw many shooting stars. Returned home and minutes later my son was phoning to offer us a drive up to the top of the mountain he had seen several meteors from his garden and informed us that tonight was the best night for viewing the Geminid meteor shower ....no one had work tomorrow so for the next two hours or so we sat in the car at over 2,000 feet above sea level, surrounded by snow in minus temperatures with a strong westerly wind adding to the chill factor and stargazed!!! I have never before seen so many twinkling stars !! ....meteors were firing off in every direction.......never have I seen such a magnificent display ..and our exclamations of wonder at such a spectacular natural phenomenon surpassed any firework display. We had zero light pollution and the Milky Way arced over our heads in a thick band of over a Billion stars, we felt at least half of them were surely visible to the naked eye tonight! Moments like this are what dreams are made of and our midnight trip up the Bealach will remain with us for ever!
What amazing and awe inspiring proof of God's wondrous works :votive1:

Joyce

stargazing!!

Post by Joyce » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Wow !

Caroline
Site Admin

stargazing!!

Post by Caroline » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Wonderful! I'd love to see the Northern lights, but they're even rarer down here, and when they have been seen along the coast we've been completely unaware of them! :flowerface:
Kindness is underrated.

Pam
Web Pastor

stargazing!!

Post by Pam » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Amazing! Seeing the Northern Lights is just about the only thing I'd say was on my 'bucket list', but apparently a sighting isn't guaranteed wherever you go. Must be wonderful to get it on your doorstep.

Jennifer

stargazing!!

Post by Jennifer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Pam wrote:Amazing! Seeing the Northern Lights is just about the only thing I'd say was on my 'bucket list', but apparently a sighting isn't guaranteed wherever you go. Must be wonderful to get it on your doorstep.
:thumbs:

Isobel
previously IMR

stargazing!!

Post by Isobel » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:49 pm

I grew up in a big city so wasn't used to seeing any stars at all. When I went to work on a farm in Dorset for a few weeks and went out to check the sheep at night I had to remember to look at the sheep as well as at the sky! It was an amazing sight - I can just imagine your awe and wonder even though I've never seen the Northern Lights.