Chatroom News!!

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
Caroline
Site Admin

Chatroom News!!

Post by Caroline » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:56 pm

The new chatroom is ready to go, and we would like to introduce you to it before we start our advent activities. :flowerface:

Next Wednesday (November 25th) at 8pm we will be open for a social time and guided tour of the facilities, with prayers. Please come and join us, even if you can only stay for a few minutes.

I will post instructions for accessing the chatroom at the beginning of next week. :thumbs:
Kindness is underrated.

Emle

Chatroom News!!

Post by Emle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Wonderful news :woohoo:

Beth

Chatroom News!!

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Thank you for working on this for us Caroline. I'm sure it will be wonderful! I appreciate it because you know the saying 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone.' I-church is a sweet place to hang out at Christmas. :thumbs:

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Chatroom News!!

Post by Joe Parrish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Thanks, Carolline! :biggrin:
(And thanks to all the other Advent elves who may or will have had a hand.) :thumbs:
Peace and, nearly, Advent blessings!
Joe :)
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Ros

Chatroom News!!

Post by Ros » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks Caroline :biggrin: This is great news!

Caroline
Site Admin

Chatroom News!!

Post by Caroline » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Accessing the Chatroom: The Short Version
  • Sign in to the Courtyard (register first if you don't already have an account).
  • Click on the 'Chapel' link at the top of this page. (If you are on a mobile device, use this link. If that doesn't work, use this one.)
  • Click on the small chapel icon at the bottom right of the page (let the page load fully).
  • Create an account for the Chatroom using your i-church username.
  • Come back and sign in when the chatroom is open for an activity.
If you have problems read the rest of this post, or contact Caroline or Pam.
Now then! :biggrin:

If you would like to get ready to use the new chatroom, here are your instructions!

You will have to set up an account - it would be a good idea to get this done before you want to attend an event in the chatroom, just in case you need help.
  • Please click on the 'Chapel' link from the bar at the top of the page. You will need to be registered with and logged into the Courtyard.
  • Wait for the page to load fully, and a small icon should appear at the bottom of the screen on the right hand side. Please click on it.*
  • Set up your account, following the instructions. You MUST use your i-church username.
Once you have set up your account you won't be able to access any of the rooms unless the chatroom is open, but you will be able to add a profile picture (Click on the little cog symbol at the top left of the box on the right, choose 'My Profile' then 'Profile Image' and add an image from your computer. If you need help with that, just ask me.)

You can also fill in other profile information if you wish - there is no obligation to do so.

* If the icon doesn't appear, reload your page and give it a moment. If it still doesn't appear, go to chat.html and try again. If you are on a mobile or tablet, you may need to try a different browser. On my Samsung Galaxy Tablet the chatroom needs Chrome and doesn't work in Firefox. Others are the other way around. Just keep trying! The chatroom provider hasn't quite perfected the mobile/tablet functionality yet, but it is pretty good, and they are working on it!

As always - if you have any problems, just ask. :thumbs:
Last edited by Caroline on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Adding the TL;DR version at the top.
Kindness is underrated.

PHIL_S

Chatroom News!!

Post by PHIL_S » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:16 pm

READY! :whistle: :reading:

:votive1: :votive2: :votive1:
:votive1: Peace be with You :votive1:

Emle

Chatroom News!!

Post by Emle » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:40 am

I am set up and ready to go :cheerleader: :sing1: :cheerleader:

Caroline
Site Admin

Chatroom News!!

Post by Caroline » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 pm

If you're on a mobile device and don't have the Chapel link at the top of the page, use this link to access the chatroom (log in to the Courtyard first).

If this link doesn't work, use this one.
Kindness is underrated.

PHIL_S

Chatroom News!!

Post by PHIL_S » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Great new rooms Caroline. thank you for all the hard work
:votive1: Peace be with You :votive1:

Emle

Chatroom News!!

Post by Emle » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Thank you Pam for Prayers this evening in our new Chapel and a great BIG thank you to ~Caroline~ for decorating the new rooms so beautifully !!

Jennifer

Chatroom News!!

Post by Jennifer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:35 am

Thank you Pam for Prayers this evening in our new Chapel and a great BIG thank you to ~Caroline~ for decorating the new rooms so beautifully !!
Emle

I'm sorry I didn't get to our first service in the new chapel, from what you said Emle it went very smoothly. :woohoo:

Beth

Chatroom News!!

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:15 pm

My Wednesday schedule isn't as busy as it was. I could probably join you for chapel through advent. I miss our Friday chats while I completely understand why they are no longer. It was lovely to catch up with everyone in the new chat room, thanks to our members & technicians.

Caroline
Site Admin

Chatroom News!!

Post by Caroline » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:31 am

If you want to come to one of our events, please read the instructions for accessing the chatroom that are given in this post.

As it says, you need to set up a chatroom account before you will be able to enter the chatroom. Your Courtyard log in will not work for the chatroom.
Kindness is underrated.

Joyce

Chatroom News!!

Post by Joyce » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Very nice chatroom, Caroline ! Thank you.

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Chatroom News!!

Post by Joe Parrish » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:00 pm

The Chatroom is very nice!
I have a different password than for the Courtyard.
Pam helped me get it set up.
Thanks, Pam! :biggrin: and Caroline! :biggrin:
Peace and blessings,
Joe :)
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Caroline
Site Admin

Chatroom News!!

Post by Caroline » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:41 pm

You can change your chatroom password so that they match if you want - log into the chatroom and then click on the cog at the top left of the small box on the right hand side of the screen and go into your profile that way. :thumbs:
Kindness is underrated.