Accessing the Chatroom: The Short Version
- Sign in to the Courtyard (register first if you don't already have an account).
- Click on the 'Chapel' link at the top of this page. (If you are on a mobile device, use this link. If that doesn't work, use this one.)
- Click on the small chapel icon at the bottom right of the page (let the page load fully).
- Create an account for the Chatroom using your i-church username.
- Come back and sign in when the chatroom is open for an activity.
If you have problems read the rest of this post, or contact Caroline or Pam.
If you would like to get ready to use the new chatroom, here are your instructions!
You will have to set up an account - it would be a good idea to get this done before you want to attend an event in the chatroom, just in case you need help.
- Please click on the 'Chapel' link from the bar at the top of the page. You will need to be registered with and logged into the Courtyard.
- Wait for the page to load fully, and a small icon should appear at the bottom of the screen on the right hand side. Please click on it.*
- Set up your account, following the instructions. You MUST use your i-church username.
Once you have set up your account you won't be able to access any of the rooms unless the chatroom is open, but you will be able to add a profile picture (Click on the little cog symbol at the top left of the box on the right, choose 'My Profile' then 'Profile Image' and add an image from your computer. If you need help with that, just ask me.)
You can also fill in other profile information if you wish - there is no obligation to do so.
* If the icon doesn't appear, reload your page and give it a moment. If it still doesn't appear, go to chat.html
and try again. If you are on a mobile or tablet, you may need to try a different browser. On my Samsung Galaxy Tablet the chatroom needs Chrome and doesn't work in Firefox. Others are the other way around. Just keep trying! The chatroom provider hasn't quite perfected the mobile/tablet functionality yet, but it is pretty good, and they are working on it!
As always - if you have any problems, just ask.
Kindness is underrated.