Meditations on i-church and e-faith and ministry

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:55 pm

I know many of us have strong views about "virtual" faith we have aired before. I'm perusing a new opportunity at the moment to understand and reflect on my experiences of doing church online. Most of my social life takes place over the internet and I have made high quality friendships through investing time and energy in God this way.

The University of Edinburgh are running a MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) to reflect on E-learning and digital cultures. I've enrolled and it's highly sociable, with optional core content. Students are encouraged to dip in and out of the community and share their views and reflections using social media.

As i-church is a community project and we continually help educate each other I wondered if anyone would like to join me? I'm thinking of starting a blog hosted here to share my thoughts and feelings as the course progresses.

To take part in the program fully there is a requirement to blog, tweet or share artwork. I-church would be a good place to do that as it is a functional social space anyway.

Here's the link to the course:
https://www.coursera.org/course/edc#!

Pam
Web Pastor

Post by Pam » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks Beth, that looks very interesting.

I'm going to think about it till tomorrow to be sure I do have the required weekly time available but in principle I'm interested.

Isobel
previously IMR

Post by Isobel » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 pm

This does sound interesting. I am definitely unable to participate at the moment due to too many other commitments but if it runs again in the future I would consider it.

I hope you find it useful.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Maybe I can whet your appetite Isobel!