Best Time to Visit Coorg: From October to May, when the weather is lovely and the temperature ranges from 15°C to 28°C, is the finest time to visit Coorg. The weather is ideal for outdoor activities like hiking and sightseeing during this period.
The region has severe rainfall from June through September during the monsoon season, which can result in landslides and interfere with transport schedules. It is therefore best to stay away from Coorg during the monsoon season.
If you enjoy the outdoors, you might want to go to Coorg in the rainy season to see the waterfalls and lush vegetation at their most beautiful.
How to Reach Coorg
Coorg is a popular hill station located in the state of Karnataka, India. Here are the different ways to reach Coorg:
- By Air: Mangalore International Airport, located about 160 kilometers from Coorg, is the closest airport. To get to Coorg from the airport, use a bus or a taxi.
- By Train: Mysore and Mangalore are the closest railway stations to Coorg. You can take a taxi or a bus to get to Coorg from these stations.
- By bus: Major cities like Bangalore, Mysore, and Mangalore are easily accessible from Coorg via the road. Regular bus services are provided to Coorg from these cities by KSRTC.
- By Car: From Bangalore, it takes about 5 to 6 hours to drive to Coorg. The drive is beautiful and the roads are well-kept.
- Overall, your preferences, financial situation, and time limits will determine the best route to get to Coorg.
Photos of Coorg
Places to visit at Coorg
Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a beautiful hill station in Karnataka, India, known for its scenic beauty, coffee plantations, and rich culture. Here are some of the top places to visit in Coorg:
- Abbey Falls is a stunning waterfall that is surrounded by coffee plantations and a verdant landscape.
- The Cauvery River begins at Talacauvery, which is 1,276 meters above sea level.
- Elephant training camp Dubare Elephant Camp, where you can take an elephant ride and learn about elephant behavior.
- Namdroling Monastery, popularly known as the Golden Temple, is a stunning Tibetan Buddhist monastery.
- Raja’s Seat is a well-liked sunset vantage point with breathtaking views of the valleys and hills nearby.
- Tigers, elephants, leopards, and many other species can be found at the Nagarhole National Park, a wildlife sanctuary.
- Madikeri Fort is a historic fort from the 17th century that provides insight into Coorg’s past and culture.
- Iruppu Falls is a stunning waterfall close to the Kerala/Karnataka border.
- These are just a few of the various attractions Coorg offers. To appreciate this hill station’s beauty to its fullest, be sure to sample some local cuisine and take a stroll among the coffee farms.
Stay Option at Coorg
Coorg offers a range of stay options for travelers, including budget homestays, luxury resorts, and hotels. Here are some of the popular stay options in Coorg:
- Homestays: Coorg is known for its beautiful homestays, where you can experience the local culture and hospitality. Some popular homestays in Coorg are Honey Pot Homes, Coorg Coffee Hills, and Coorg Cliffs Resort.
- Resorts: There are many luxury resorts in Coorg that offer a range of facilities like a swimming pool, spa, and outdoor activities. Some popular resorts in Coorg are The Tamara Coorg, Club Mahindra Madikeri Resort, and Evolve Back Coorg.
- Hotels: If you’re looking for budget-friendly stay options, there are many hotels in Coorg that offer comfortable accommodation. Some popular hotels in Coorg are Hotel Coorg International, Hotel Hill View, and Hotel Le Coorg.
- Campsites: For adventure seekers, there are many campsites in Coorg that offer an outdoor camping experience. Some popular campsites in Coorg are Dubare Camp, Gonikoppa Camp, and Madikeri Camp.
- Overall, Coorg offers a range of stay options to suit every budget and preference. It’s recommended to book your stay in advance, especially during peak season, to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Things to do at Coorg
Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a beautiful hill station located in Karnataka, India. It is known for its scenic beauty, lush green forests, coffee plantations, and waterfalls. Here are some of the top things to do at Coorg:
- Visit the Abbey Falls – A beautiful waterfall located in the midst of lush green forests.
- Explore the coffee plantations – Coorg is famous for its coffee plantations, and you can take a guided tour to learn about the coffee-making process.
- Trekking – Coorg is a trekker’s paradise, with several trekking routes that offer stunning views of the surrounding hills and forests.
- Visit the Namdroling Monastery – It is one of the largest Tibetan settlements in India and houses over 5,000 monks and nuns.
FAQ ( Best Time to Visit Coorg )
When is the best time to visit Coorg?
The best time to visit Coorg is from October to May, when the weather is pleasant, and the temperature ranges between 15°C to 28°C.
What is the weather like in Coorg during the monsoon season?
Coorg receives heavy rainfall during the monsoon season, which starts in June and lasts till September. The weather is humid and wet during this time, and there are chances of landslides.
Is it safe to visit Coorg during the monsoon season?
It’s best to avoid visiting Coorg during the monsoon season as heavy rainfall can cause landslides and disrupt travel plans.
What is the temperature in Coorg during winter?
Coorg’s winter season lasts from December to February, and the temperature ranges between 10°C to 20°C.
What are the popular activities to do in Coorg during the best time to visit?
Some popular activities to do in Coorg during the best time to visit include trekking, sightseeing, visiting waterfalls, exploring coffee plantations, and indulging in adventure activities like camping and river rafting.
How crowded is Coorg during the peak season?
Coorg is a popular tourist destination, and it can get crowded during the peak season, which is from December to February and during the summer months of April to June. It’s advisable to book your accommodation in advance during this time.